Tuesday 29 September 2015

Release Day & Review: Playing Dirty by Tiffany Snow



Playing Dirty

The Risky Business Trilogy


About PLAYING DIRTY
Faced with a choice between bad-boy detective Dean Ryker and sexy power player Parker Anderson, Sage Reece fought the law-and the law won. But while Ryker's sizzling touch may rule her nights, Sage's days belong to Parker's cool, calculating intensity . . .

Both Ryker and Parker are determined to protect Sage from a brutal enemy who'd use her to pay for their mistakes. Yet when the usually on-point Ryker is distracted by ghosts from his past, Parker seizes his opportunity to get Sage's attention . . . and keep it in ways beyond her wildest dreams.

Now, caught between a mobster out for revenge and two men who were once best friends, Sage must play to win-even if it means getting dirty . . .


Amazon     B&N     iTunes     Kobo


Another boat was docked next to ours and I glanced over to the deck. A man stood opposite us, maybe thirty or forty feet away. He had on an unbuttoned white shirt that blew in the wind and his dark hair ruffled with the breeze. He was striking, a charisma about him drawing my eye as Ryker pressed kisses to my bare shoulder. Then he turned, and though he wore sunglasses, I knew he was looking at me, and I realized why he looked so familiar.
It was Parker.
His chest was deliciously bare and showing the six-pack of muscles usually hidden underneath his suits. The loose-fitting linen pants he wore hit low on his lean hips. He was holding a glass of white wine, and once he saw me, he froze. I wondered if he knew who I was. Probably not, not at this distance with my hair tousled by the wind and wearing sunglasses. No doubt the bikini had caught his eye—he was a man, after all.
But then he dipped his head, just a little, just enough that it couldn’t be mistaken for anything other than an acknowledgment. He took a drink of the wine, still looking my way.
“What the hell is he doing here?” Ryker’s growl forced my gaze away from Parker.
“Out on his boat,” I said. “Just like us.” I’d forgotten about the bill, deducted from Parker’s account every month, for docking his boat here. I’d never seen his boat before, though I’d known he had one.
“I don’t like how he’s looking at you.” Ryker’s arms pulled me further back into him.
“He’s looking at us,” I said mildly. “And may I remind you that I’m his assistant. He looks at me every day.”
“Not wearing that bikini, he doesn't”



 I finished Power Play, the first book in the Risky Business Trilogy not having a clear favourite guy. If I went for my cliché choice, then it would be Parker. But I also liked Ryker too. So, I'm sat firmly on the fence as we continue to follow Sage, Parker and Ryker wondering if I'll still be undecided at the end of Playing Dirty?

The time-line has moved on four months but we first get an insight into what the three protagonists have been up to in the intervening months. I found this little slow until we get back to the current date and then, BAM! The pace picks up to lightening speed until the ending hits you like an out of control freight train! In addition, we also gain some useful back-story for Parker and Ryker which explains their complicated relationship.

I empathised with Sage as her feelings for both these alpha men in her life becomes blurred, although I laughed out loud when she met my all time book boyfriend??
is he married?” <3 p="">
The chemistry each “couple” have for each other is palpable, making this an extremely tight love triangle.

Then we have comments from Ryker like this:
I want you to know, really know, that I'm in it for more than the sex. And if you can't believe me when I say it, then I'll show you.”
He may be a tough cop, but underneath the bad boy persona is a caring, loving guy wanting to make Sage his own.

And Parker:
I love you,” he said. “That became crystal clear to me last night…..”
He's a rich guy used to playing for high stakes and getting what he wants and Sage is in his sights.

In true Ms Snow style, the writing is suspenseful, humorous and sexy. The story is told from Sage's POV as we navigate through a plot full of twists. There are a surprise or two thrown in for good measure making this a fabulous platform to launch into what will no doubt be an unforgettable showdown in Play To Win.

Am I ready to pick a side - #TeamParker or #TeamRyker? Nope, I'm still on that fence!

4 stars

***arc generously received courtesy of the Forever Publishing via NetGalley***






A native of St. Louis, Missouri, Tiffany Snow earned degrees in Education and History from the University of Missouri-Columbia, before launching a career in Information Technology. After over a decade in IT, she switched careers to what she always dreamed of doing - writing. Tiffany is the author of romantic suspense novels such as the Kathleen Turner Series, which includes No Turning Back, Turn to Me and Turning Point. Since she's drawn to character-driven books herself, that's what she loves to write, and the guy always gets his girl. She feeds her love of books with avid reading, yet she manages to spare time and considerable affection for trivia, eighties hair bands, the St. Louis Cardinals, and Elvis. She and her husband have two daughters and one dog.

Social Media Links:     Website     Twitter     Facebook





No comments:

Post a Comment