Wednesday 17 August 2016

Waiting On Wednesday: The One That Got Away by Melissa Pimentel


'Waiting On Wednesday' is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine. It spotlights upcoming releases we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication 'can't wait to read' book chosen by me is:


The One That Got Away by Melissa Pimentel

Expected Release Date: 22nd September
Publisher: Penguin


(From Goodreads)

Ruby and Ethan were perfect for each other. Until the day they suddenly weren't.
Ten years later, Ruby's single, having spent the last decade focusing on her demanding career and hectic life in Manhattan. There's barely time for a trip to England for her little sister's wedding. And there's certainly not time to think about seeing Ethan there for the first time in years.
But as the family frantically prepare for the big day, Ruby can't help but wonder if she made the right choice all those years ago? Because there's nothing like a wedding for stirring up the past...

Why am I waiting for this book?
The second chance trope is one of my favourites, so the blurb immediately caught my attention. Also, I love the cover. As I mainly read romance novels, it's refreshing to find new books that catch my attention without a bare-chested, tattooed hot guy adorning the cover. I'm hoping the male protagonist is a 'normal' guy...one that doesn't have a body like a Greek god! Someone that's more relatable in real life! LOL!

What are you waiting for?



9 comments:

  1. I'm not sure this is a book for me, but I hope you love it! Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday! :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like books about second chances. This looks like a good one. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second chances are great when done right and this sounds super cute. Plus travel....always adds to the romance factor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second chance stories are always interesting if they are done right. I hope you love this when you get the chance to read it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love second chance romances, so this looks really good. Hope you love it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds amazing, I just have to add it to my TBR because second chance romances are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like reading second chance romances, your choice looks like a book I would rather enjoy... Good one!
    Ria @ Lilac Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever read a second chance romance book. I may need to check this out. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good. I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete