Thursday 21 December 2017

Review: A Heavenly Christmas by Patrice Wilton

A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS (Heavenly Christmas series Book 1)A HEAVENLY CHRISTMAS by Patrice Wilton

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was downloaded on a whim from BookBub and was free. In an effort to try to feel remotely interested in Christmas, this is one of many festive novels I have read this past week. This is definitely one of the best.

I was a little concerned during the first scene because I thought this might have been a paranormal novel. My confusion was quickly sorted out as the plot unfolded and I understood more. Apart from that little hiccup, the narrative drew me in one hundred percent.

The protagonists are likeable, especially Nick. He is a real darling...so thoughtful and caring. He is strong and very persuasive. Just the man Jennie needs. As a widow with two young daughters, Jennie still loves her husband, killed in an accident nearly a year ago and racked with guilt when she becomes attracted to Nick. With young children to consider, especially when they instantly like him, she's torn between following her heart and doing what she thinks is best for her girls.

I wasn't expecting this novel to be so emotional and many times I had tears in my eyes. The chemistry between Nick and Jennie is palpable as they are drawn together in what begins as an unfortunate accident. The push and pull generated as Jennie wrestles with her conscience and Nick is helpless to stop his attraction to the single mum is heartbreaking when decisions don't always suit them both simultaneously. Thankfully, in the spirit of Christmas, everything works out satisfactorily. This isn't a narrative tied up in a neat happy ever after bow but leaves the readers knowing their path to a happy future is laid out.

The author is new to me and I'm definitely going to read the other books in this series.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment