Monday 12 June 2017

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week.  It's a great post to organise yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog   and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date. And here we are!






Just when we think Summer is finally here, BAM, we get monsoon style rain...I think my husband must have brought it back with him from Delhi, India. Fingers crossed, this is the first day of more settled weather...bring on the sunshine!
This past week, I've managed to read two arc's: I Knew You Were Trouble by Lauren Layne and The Story Of Us by Tara Sivec.

Today I am reading A Strange Beginning by Gretta Curran Browne

Thoughts so far: I'm only a couple of pages into the book, so it is too early to judge. What I do know is this is a novel based on the formative years in the life of George Gordon, Lord Byron.

(from Goodreads) He was later to become known as "The most beautiful and most famous man in England" — but not yet...

Beginning when he is a boy of ten years old, we join George Gordon when he is living a miserable life with his manic Scottish mother in a few rented rooms above a shop in Aberdeen; unaware that his true surname is not Gordon, and that his true heritage is with the English aristocracy - who soon come to claim him.

A life of wealth and privilege is then bestowed upon him, which eventually sets the stage for him to prove his own individual worth, in his own way, and in his own time.

Meticulously researched, and adapted into novel form, 'A Strange Beginning' is the first of a series of books about the most iconic young man of his time, whose fame still lives on today.

"My name alone shall be my epitaph."



What's next? Three weeks with a Princess by Vanessa Kelly (arc), Heartbreaker by Belinda Williams (arc)


Want to Know what others are reading today? Head over to Book Date to find out.



3 comments:

  1. That book sounds really interesting. I didn't know that about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had some sprinkles — unusual but not unheard of for June here. The move is really happening. We have temporary housing squared away and most of our home library in storage now. Come see what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's winter down here in the Southern Hemisphere and I am currently watching the dark clouds roll in for what will hopefully be an awesome downpour! I love the winter weather, perfect for curling up with a really good book!

    A Strange Beginning sounds really interesting! I may have to add it to my list.

    I hope you have a great week of reading :) you can read my latest 'It's Monday' post HERE

    ReplyDelete